Context and its Role in Determining Meaning According to Interpreters and Linguists
The study aimed at examining the context and its significance in explaining the meanings and connotations, defining the context based on interpreters and linguists, showing the interest of ancient and modern scholars in making use of context, and its role in defining the meaning in the Holy Qur’an, and explaining its relationship to the reasons for revelation. The study followed the descriptive approach, taking from its tools, analysis and observation. The study defined the various types of context in definition and detail. The study was applied to selected models of verses from the Qur’an according to the interpretation of Imam al-Tabari specifically. The study reached several results, including: The interest in the context in defining the meaning began since the time of the Companions. The study also reached into the necessity of cognitive integration between interpreters and linguists for an optimal use of the context in interpreting the meanings of the Qur’an. The study recommended conducting researches that applies the role of the context in defining the meaning in the entire Holy Qur’an and its role in defining the meanings of the Prophet’s Sunnah and benefiting from linguistic sciences in understanding the meanings of the Holy Qur’an.
2. Al-Zarkashi, Abū Abdullāh Badr ad-Dīn Mohammed investigation: Muhammad Abu Al-Fadl Ibrahim, Al-Burhan fi Ulum Al-Quran, first edition, 1376 AH - 1957 AD, Dar Ihya Al-Kutub Al-Arabiya.
4. Al-Razi, Abū Bakr Muḥammad ibn Zakariyyāʾ, Al-Tafsir Al-Kabir, Dar Ihya Al-Turath Al-Arabi - Beirut, Edition: Third - 1420 AH.
5. Ibn Abd al-Barr, Yūsuf ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn Muḥammad investigation: Mustafa bin Ahmad al-Alawi, and Muhammad Abd al-Kabir al-Bakri, Preface to what is in the Muwatta’ of meanings and chains of transmission, Ministry of All Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, Morocco, 1387 AH.
6. Shaker,Ahmed Muhammad, The Message of Imam Al-Shafi’i, investigation, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Alami.
7. al-Talibi, Yahya bin Hamzah, Al-Taraz li Asrar al-Balaghah and the Sciences of Facts of Miracles, Al-Asriyyah Library - Beirut, first edition, 1423 AH.
8. Al-Saadi, AlSheikh Abdul Rahman The Good Rules for the Interpretation of the Qur’an, Al-Rushd Library, Riyadh, first edition, 1420 AH - 1999 AD.
9. Al-Mubarrad, Abū al-'Abbās Muḥammad ibn Yazīd, Al-Kamil in Language and Literature, investigation: Muhammad Abu Al-Fadl Ibrahim, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi - Cairo, Edition: Third Edition 1417 AH - 1997 AD
10. Ibn Attia, Abu Muhammad 'Abd Al-Haqq Ibn Ghalib, Al-Moharir Al-Wajeez fi Tafseer Al-Kitab Al-Aziz, investigation: Abd al-Salam Abd al-Shafi Muhammad, Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah - Beirut, edition: first - 1422 AH.
11. Abu Abdullah Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak on the Two Sahihs, investigation: Mustafa Abdel-Qader Atta, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya - Beirut, Edition: First, 1411-1990 AD.
12. Abu Al-Faraj, Muhammad Ahmed Linguistic dictionaries in the light of studies of modern linguistics, d. Dar Al-Nahda Al-Arabiya.
13. (Ibrahim Mustafa, Ahmed Al-Zayyat, Hamid Abdel-Qader, Muhammad Al-Najjar), The Intermediate Lexicon, the Arabic Language Academy in Cairo, Dar Al-Da`wa.
14. Ghoneim, Adel Rashad The contextual approach and its impact on the development of interpretation studies, d.
15. Ibn Al-Atheer, Abū al-Ḥasan ʿAlī ibn Muḥammad,The End in Gharib Al-Hadith and Athar, investigation: Taher Ahmed Al-Zawy, and Mahmoud Muhammad Al-Tanahi, the Scientific Library - Beirut, 1399 AH - 1979 AD.
16. Al-Wahidi, Ahmed Al-Nisaburi, The Mediator in the Interpretation of the Glorious Qur’an, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya, Beirut - Lebanon, Edition: First, 1415 AH - 1994 AD.
17. Al-Zamakhshari, Abu al-Qasim Mahmud ibn Umar,The Basis of Rhetoric, investigation: Muhammad Basil Oyoun Al-Soud, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiyyah, Beirut, Lebanon, first edition, 1419 AH - 1998 AD.
18. Nayef Kharma, Lights on Contemporary Linguistic Studies, The World of Knowledge series, Kuwait, second edition, 1979.
19. Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, Bada’i al-Fawa’id Dar al-Kitab al-Arabi, Beirut, Lebanon.
20. al-Zubaidi, M. M. Alhuseini, Crown of the Bride from Jawaher al-Qamous, , investigation: a group of investigators, Dar al-Hidaya.
21. al-Tabari, Abū Jaʿfar Muḥammad ibn Jarīr, Jami al-Bayan on the interpretation of verses of the Qur’an, investigation: Ahmed Muhammad Shaker, Al-Risala Foundation, first edition, 1420 AH - 2000 AD.
22. Stephen Ullman, The role of the word in language, translated by Dr. Kamal Bishr, Youth Library, Tenth Edition, 1986.
23. Ibn Jinni, Abulfath Othman,The secret of making syntax, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiyyah, Beirut-Lebanon, first edition 1421 AH - 2000 AD.
24. Ibn Majah Al-Qazwini, Sunan Ibn Majah, investigation: Shuaib Al-Arnaout, Dar Al-Risala Al-Alamiya.
25. Abu Dawud Suleiman bin Al-Ashath Al-Sijestani, Sunan Abu Dawud. investigation: Muhammad Mohiuddin Abd Al-Hamid, Al-Asriyyah Library, Sidon – Beirut.
26. Al-Bukhari, Muhammad bin Ismail Sahih Al-Bukhari, investigation: Muhammad Zuhair bin Nasser Al-Nasser, Dar Touk Al-Najat, Edition: First, 1422 AH.
27. Muslim bin Al-Hajjaj Al-Nisaburi, Sahih Muslim, investigation: Muhammad Fouad Abdel-Baqi, Dar Revival of Arab Heritage – Beirut.
28. F. R. Palmer, Semantics - A New Framework, translated by Dr. Sabri Ibrahim Al-Sayed, University Knowledge House - Alexandria, 1995 AD.
29. Hadi Nahr, Applied Semantics in the Arab Heritage, Dar Al-Amal for Publishing and Distribution, Jordan, first edition, 1427 AH-2007 AD.
30. Fayez Al-Daya, Arabic Semantics, Dar Al-Fikr - Damascus, first edition, 1405 AH 1985 AD.
31. Ahmed Mukhtar Omar, Semantics, World of Books, seventh edition, 1430 AH-2009 AD.
32. Ibn Qutayba Al-Dinuri, Gharib Al-Hadith, investigation: Dr. Abdullah Al-Jubouri, Al-Ani Press - Baghdad. Sociolinguistics (introduction), d. Kamal Bishr, House of Arab Culture, 1994.
33. Ibn Qutayba Al-Dinori, Ghareeb Al-Qur’an, investigation: Ahmed Saqr, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Alami.
34. al-Shawkani, Muḥammad ibn Ali ibn Muḥammad ibn Abd Allah, Fath al-Qadeer, , Dar Ibn Katheer, Dar al-Kalam al-Tayyib - Damascus, Beirut, Edition: First - 1414 AH.
35. Awn Al-Sharif Qasim, Dictionary of the colloquial dialect in Sudan, Sudanese Book House, third edition, 2002.
37. Ahmed Muhammad Kaddour, Principles of Linguistics, Dar Al-Fikr, Damascus, first edition 1416 AH - 1996 AD.
39. Al-Baghawi, Abū Muḥammad al-Ḥusayn, Milestones of Revelation in the Interpretation of the Qur’an, investigated by Abd al-Razzaq al-Mahdi, Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi - Beirut, first edition, 1420 AH.
40. Al-Sakaki, Sirāj al-Dīn Abū Yaʿqūb Yūsuf, Key to the Sciences, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya, Beirut - Lebanon, second edition, 1407 AH - 1987 AD.
41. Tamam Hassan, Research Methods in Language House of Culture - Casablanca, second edition, 1394 AH - 1974 AD.
42. Nihad Al-Mousa, Theory of Arabic Grammar in the Light of Modern Linguistic Approaches, The Arab Foundation for Studies and Publishing, first edition, 1400 AH 1980 AD.
الحقوق الفكرية (c) 2023 Abdarahman Abulgasim Salih Noorain , Suliman Yousif Muhammed Abdalla
هذا العمل مرخص حسب الرخصة Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.